Friday, March 28, 2008

The beginning of goodbyes...


It is time to start saying goodbye... How sad to say goodbye to friends and loved ones, even though we are excited and ready to leave.  We spent St. Patrick's day weekend in Boston with my brother Brian, his wife Kimber, and my very cute nephew Braeden and niece Sydney.  We all did a side trip to Newport, RI to gawk at the mansions.  We also got to say goodbye earlier to Richard's family who live in the area. After our trip to Boston, we met up with my brother and his family again in York, PA (my hometown) to visit with my grandparents.  Braeden had tons of fun playing with the pug.


We finally received our "staging materials" last week.  We will have staging (which is essentially an orientation) in Philadelphia from April 16-April 18.  We will then be bused from Philadelphia to JFK on Friday, April 18 to catch our flight to Johannesburg, South Africa.  From Johannesburg, we will be transported overland to Botswana.